Your crisis is that the boss wants you to review the crisis plan. Where to start? Or is it start over? You need to know what you need to know quickly. You need to know what you don't know even more quickly. How much dust on the crisis plan on your shelf is too much? What's in and what's out? Get on with it in a big way. Press "print" on the interactive DVD and you'll soon have an 80+ page plan.
- Over 100 check lists, diagrams, charts, tables, forms and pre-written documents: the comprehensive guide to a crisis plan that you need
- Conversational prose makes complex concepts in risk and crisis management easily accessible
- Case studies and anecdotes from real-life incidents remind readers of the dos and don'ts of crisis management
- Book's origins in the Exxon Valdez oil spill:
- Allan had trained responders who went to Alaska
- He was then commissioned to design and execute major oil spills for the oil industry and coast guard on both coasts of North America
- Seeing that their crisis plans were not adequate, clients then commissioned new plans from scratch
- Plan has been polished, re-written, researched and tested with:
- The diplomatic corps
- The military
- Trade officials
- Police forces
- Off-shore drilling companies
- Mining companies
- Many other high need clients on five continents over 15 years.
- Originally sold for $295.00 in 3-ring binders: Now just 10% of that cost because of savings on printing in traditional book form
- "This book is an excellent piece of work. It is clear, comprehensive and articulate and provides the blueprint for establishing a culture of crisis management awareness, planning and preparation at all levels in an organization. It is a "must-read" for leaders who are serious about dealing effectively with the unexpected." -- General (Ret'd) Ray Henault, Former Chief of Defence Staff and former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee
- "An Ounce of Prevention will help you in all aspects of crisis management. With an accompanying DVD, it takes you step-by-step through crisis planning and what to do if one should strike. It's not only big picture, but also focuses on details..."
Harvey Schachter, The Globe and Mail
- 30 minutes of Allan's network television special
- See distributive bargaining in action
- See the live studio audience grapple with the problem of dividing $1000 between a rich and poor person who have different uses for the money. What's fair?
- Watch Allan mediate the class case of two negotiators who want the same lemon and how he satisfies at least 24 people in a two-party negotiation.
- Learn what your "I Quit" position is in a negotiation
- Find out how setting your "range of settlement" can enhance your bargaining power.
- Inspired by the curriculum from both the Harvard Program on Negotiation and the Osgoode Hall Law School dispute resolution program. Allan is a graduate of both.
- Dozens of bonus video clips
- A surprise interview with an international diplomat whose job was to respond to crises everywhere in the world
- Bonus 90 minute Crisis and Disaster Management distance education course
- For those whose dispute has the potential to become a crisis
- Bonus 90 minute Public Affairs and Media Training distance education course
- For those whose event may become public
- Interactive DVD containing:
- Instructional video clips
- More than 80 charts, tables, checklists, pre-written documents, forms and diagrams to help keep you safe
- Checklists and diagrams can be emailed or faxed to remote locations to guide responders. Some can even be sent to hotel banquet managers so your public meeting room, public affairs desk and workspace will be as close to what you need as possible
- Interactive lists and charts can be filled in, expanded and customized to suit your needs
- Imagine--your crisis plan is already more than 80 pages long just by printing out the contents of this DVD. Use this as your staff "force-multiplier" as is done in military applications. Give selected staff and colleagues a few of the forms each and get them customized in double- or triple-time.
- Now is the time to list your assets, compile phone numbers, scout out resources and decide how to mobilize when the time comes
- 30 minute network TV special
- Case studies and proven solutions
- Principles that reduce risk in our lives and our organizations
- 90 minute audio course on risk and crisis management
- Captures the curriculum from Allan's MSc in Risk, Crisis and Disaster Management at Leicester University in the UK. He was the first North American to be awarded this qualification, just before 9/11.
- Four bonus interviews:
- Manchester Inspector Lawrence Foster, Msc, in charge of public safety and counter terrorism, specializing in stadium safety to prevent soccer hooliganism
- Bill Akerley, on safety at air shows, including a crash and lightning strike while he was on duty. You will hear how lightning can strike twice.
- 5th Dan Karate Sensei Patrice Williams speaks about risk and crisis management from a Martial Arts perspective. Hear how the lessons of self-defense are also the lessons of corporate defense.
- General Ron Cheritan headed Canada's Counter Terrorism Task Force which has been deployed during civil unrest. He has been stationed in Washington, Cairo and Pakistan. General Cheriton takes risk and crisis management into listeners' daily lives and addresses how crisis responders should interact with military responders if needed.
- How does a risk or a threat become a crisis? What turns a crisis into a disaster?
- Some events with little impact and no loss of life make the news, change legislation and linger in our minds
- Other events that had devastating effects come and go and fade from memory
- Best way to find out: this chronicle of unfolding disasters--case method of learning from past events
- More than two hours of audio narration Draws heavily on the Valdez oil spill, in part because the author has been to Alaska and trained workers who responded to the spill there. Allan has also conducted training, wrote crisis plans and ran simulations in the resource sector for 20 years
- You'll also hear of many other crises and disasters in order to capture principles and lessons for your own organization
- Bonus video clips
- Two very special audio interviews
- The late Charles Gaines, Deputy Fire Chief of Oklahoma City who was second on the scene during the bombing
- Ken Kansas, Manager of Communication during the Valdez Oil Spill
- Worked with Exxon for 34 years
- Responsible for the Exxon energy pavilion at EPCOT Centre at Disneyworld
- Known for handling the energy crises in the 1970s, the name change from Esso to Exxon, philanthropy, advertising, the Exxon Energy Cube educational project and attitudinal research
- Public speaking:
- The #1 fear among North American adults
- Fear of public speaking results in wasted time for both speaker and audience
- The cost of poor speaking skills is too high to pay in business and government
- The SOCKO™ System half hour special on network television
- Recorded in real time, live to tape, in front of a studio audience
- Start with the basics--the invitation to speak
- Research, brainstorming and writing remarks that work for you
- The boardroom
- Keep your interest and energy up so that your argument persuades
- Tips and tricks that can make the difference between getting invited back or getting stalled in your career
- Non-verbal communication: responsible for 50% to 75% of your impact
- How to achieve full marks for positive body language
- Also contains 90 minutes on audio instruction in Speaking and Presentation Skills
- backed up by our web-based workbook of diagrams and checklists
- Dozens of bonus video clips
- Full length interview with veteran journalist Hal Jones, Washington, London and Moscow bureau chief
|An Ounce of Prevention - Book||$29.95|
|Negotiation and Dispute Resolution - DVD||$29.95|
|An Ounce Of Prevention - DVD||$39.95|
|Risk & Crisis Management - DVD||$29.95|
|Unfolding Disasters: The Valdez Oil Spill and Other Case Studies DVD||$39.95|
|The SOCKO® System - DVD||$29.95|
$168.99 (15% discount)
Subject to additional shipping costs.
Please place your order and then contact us for the best available shipping rate.